Read & Consider
Read Exodus 14:13-14
Ahead the Red Sea, behind the Egyptian army. As disaster looms, God’s people are given three things to do and three reasons to do them:
- The people were not to be afraid – how is that possible in such circumstances?
- They were to stand firm – be unwavering in their faith
- They were to stand still and do nothing
- Because God was bringing deliverance
- The enemy would be utterly wiped away
- God would fight for them
It takes enormous trust to stand still and do nothing, keeping faith with God. I now keep a journal of every prayer God has answered in my life. It is an amazing reminder of His provision and His power.
Over to you
- For a deep revelation of God’s love and power. He is mighty!
- For the courage and faith, individually and as a church, to stand still and let God take the lead.
- For a heart of gratitude that gives God all the glory and yearns to respond to His love.
We cannot defeat a virus or restore the global economy. So as we set out on this journey, what does it mean to completely hand over your security (and glory) to the God who can?
What has God already done for you which means you are more ready to trust Him completely, so you can stand still and allow Him control?
As you pray for more courage and faith, start a small journal of answered prayers and be prepared to talk about what God has done, or is doing, as part of your testimony to encourage others.
Optional extra Family activity
Put together a picture of what the Israelites were facing… Use soft toys, Lego etc or even dress up and send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s Pray Today was prepared by Ian and Marcena
Response & Feedback
If you feel God spoke to you or gave you a verse, picture or thought that is for us as a church family, we would love to hear from you.
Please email: email@example.com
#PrayToday for more inspiration follow us on Instagram and Facebook members page.