There are many ways of engaging with the land, either as work experience, volunteering, or participating in community supported agriculture. Over the years we have explored many different ways of connected community to food production, agriculture and appreciation of the natural environment and land restoration. These have included:
Livestock – feeding and mucking out the animals
Market Garden – helping team with raised beds
General – painting, pruning, weeding etc
Wood – chopping and logging
Now the restrictions are starting to ease we are seeking new members to join the initiative with community supported agriculture.
From this September we will start to gather for community farm days, starting on Sunday 13th September and running till Christmas. During September we will be focussing also on how to get more involved and the adventure of working with the land and creation care.
Social distancing rules will apply, and visitors are encouraged to wear whatever clothes will keep them warm and dry as there will be many outside activities.
– We have several raised beds and are looking for those who would like to grow vegetables, herbs and plants.
– we are looking for those who would like to work with the chickens.
– we are seeking a small group who would like to work closely with our donkeys, including training them to take on more tasks, which they enjoy, but also who would be prepared to brush them, muck them out sometimes, and Generally become donkey enthusiasts. We are also wanting to extend the possibility of donkey rides and need to train new team.
– if you are interested in keeping Bees- then get in touch with the Chalfont Beekeepers who maintain the Stampwell Apiary and train others. (www.chalfontbeekeepers.co.uk)
– if you want to take part in conservation and environmental work as volunteers , such as charting and recording different species with us, then that would also be great.
– and we are always on the lookout for artists, poets, thinkers and creative types who would like to spend time on the farm on their own or with others.
For any and all of the above- get in touch by email if you can to: